Position: Campaign Researcher
UAW in California is excited to hire a motivated individual to fill the role of researcher and strategy assistant. This individual will research the growing lithium valley industry in southern California. With the expanding electric vehicle industry, the salton sea lithium reserves will soon be mined and processed, which will translate into a boom in jobs in the region. UAW believes these jobs should be sustainable, equitable, jobs, where workers have a voice at work.
The researcher will work with UAW organizers and local imperial valley partners to develop strategies around the new industry. Research will focus on the lithium valley, green economy, and auto transition to electric vehicles.
- Demonstrated ability to work and develop materials independently.
- Willingness and ability to research and learn about a new industry.
- Ability to work occasional irregular hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to frame issues and articulate organizational values and priorities.
- Ability to build relationships with a wide range of political and community leaders.
- Experience in union research, political campaigns, and/or related research experience preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of the EV industry, preferred but not required
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Research union strategies across the country and create a plan for local reality.
- Work with unions and union allies to develop strategy, based on industry research.
- Plan work as assigned; make and execute daily, weekly, and monthly work plans based on assigned goals and objectives.
We are looking for a half-time/20 hours a week researcher. Work will be remote, with ability to check in throughout the week on zoom and phone. Compensation is about $29,000, with healthcare benefits.
Send a short cover letter and resume to Tom Hintze at firstname.lastname@example.org.