Please take a moment to ensure your mailing address is up to date for an important UAW election this fall!
Last Fall, UAW members across the country voted to establish direct elections for officers of the UAW International Executive Board (IEB). Under this new system, IEB members (including International President, Secretary-Treasurer, 3 Vice Presidents, and 9 Regional Directors) will be elected through Uni
The count for the first round of voting was completed at approximately 8:30 p.m. ET on Friday, December 2, 2022. A number of candidates secured a majority of votes in their race and will be sworn in on December 12, 2022 — you can find the full list of results here. Because no candidate received a majority of votes for the office of President, or for the third Vice President position, runoff elections will be held for both those positions.
- January 12, 2023: First mail distribution of ballots to members.
- January 12, 2023: Voluntary Candidate Forum for the office of International President featuring Presidential candidates Ray Curry and Shawn Fain on January 12 from 4-5pm (Pacific time). You can join live via Zoom (Webinar ID: 853 7062 2273 Passcode: 805234), or watch the recording on YouTube. Any member who wishes to submit a question for the Moderator to consider including in the Forum may do so by emailing the question at least 24 hours before the forum. Find more information about how to submit a question on the Monitor’s website (scroll down under the section “2023 Run-Off Election International President Candidate Forum”).
- January 19, 2023: If you do not receive your ballot by January 19, you should request a replacement right away at uawvote.com or by calling 855-433-8683.
- January 31, 2023, at 5 pm ET: Deadline by which members MUST be in good standing in order to have their vote counted in the Run-Off Election.
- February 15, 2023, at 11:59 pm ET: Final date and time by which replacement ballots may be requested from the Election Vendor.
- February 17, 2023: Last day by which it is advisable for members to place their ballots in the mail to best ensure receipt by February 28, 2023 deadline.
- February 28, 2023, at 4 pm ET: DEADLINE for ballots to be received by the U.S. Post Office in Dayton, Ohio, where the ballots will be securely picked up and brought to the vote count site.
- March 1, 2023, at 8 am ET: Date on which the tabulation of votes will begin.
Find more information about the election process in the Official Election Notice.