May 27, 2022 Update
Please read below for an important update on the UCSF Bargaining Team Election.
At the close of nominations, there were no contested positions. As a result, the election, scheduled for June 7-8, has been canceled.
The officers below were elected by acclamation following the close of nominations:
Bargaining Team Member:
Dimpho Orionzi (Sociology)
Congratulations to the newly elected bargaining team member!
UAW 2865 Elections Committee
May 18, 2022
Exciting news: UCSF Teaching Assistants and Tutors have successfully petitioned the Public Employment Relations Board to join UAW 2865, the union of Academic Student Employees at the University of California. UCSF TAs and tutors can now bargain alongside academic workers across the UC system to win a union contract that enshrines strong rights, protections, and benefits.
Given that UCSF TAs and Tutors have now successfully unionized with UAW 2865, your union is holding elections at UCSF to elect two UCSF reps to the statewide UAW 2865 Bargaining Team.
Bargaining Team members will negotiate with the UC administration with the goal of reaching a strong tentative agreement that will then be ratified by Academic Student Employees. They will also provide bargaining updates to the membership following bargaining sessions, including a summary of any tentative agreements and issues still outstanding.
The election will take place on June 9-10, 2022.
Please read on for information about the election and instructions on how to accept the nomination if you are interested in running.
TIMELINE: Deadlines are strict.
- Deadline to accept nomination: Wednesday, May 25th, 2022 8:00 PM (Pacific Time).
- Candidate statements (optional) due: Wednesday, May 25th, 2022 8:00pm (Pacific Time).
- Voting (if there are contested positions): From Thursday, June 9th, 2022, 12:01am, through Friday, June 10th, 2022, 11:59pm (Pacific Time). The election will take place online.
- Run-off election (if necessary): From Thursday, June 16th, 2022, 12:01am, through Friday, June 17th, 2022, 11:59pm (Pacific Time). The run-off (if necessary) will take place online.
- The elections committee will be available by email and on Zoom both days of the election to process ballot requests and assist with any technical issues that arise during the online voting process.
Anyone who has been, is, or will likely work as a UCSF TA and anyone who has been or is working as a tutor would be invited to participate in the election.
Each member who wishes to accept nomination must indicate this intention in writing on their own behalf. Please only accept the nomination if you intend to run for the position, as nomination acceptances cannot be withdrawn once the nominating period has closed. Email your acceptance of nomination to email@example.com.
WHEN ACCEPTING NOMINATION, PLEASE INCLUDE
- Your name as you’d like it to appear on the ballot
- Contact information: department, phone number, and non-UC email address
- Candidate statement (up to 500 words, optional) – In the case of a contested election, the statement will be posted on the Local’s website and at applicable campus offices no later than Thursday, May 26th, 2022, and will be available on the online ballot during the election.
UAW 2865 Elections Committee